Since there are many examples of stainless steels of different steel grades that can be used interchangeably in the same fields, people always ask which is better between 430 stainless steel and 304 stainless steel?
Comparison of the properties of 430 stainless steel and 304 stainless steel
1. Corrosion resistance: 430 stainless steel contains 16.00-18.00% chromium and basically does not contain nickel metal. 304 stainless steel contains more chromium and nickel metal, so the corrosion resistance of 430 stainless steel is not as good as that of 304 stainless steel.
2. Stable performance: 430 stainless steel is in the form of ferrite, 304 stainless steel is in the form of austenite, and 304 stainless steel is more stable than 430 stainless steel.
3. Toughness: 304 stainless steel has strong toughness, which is stronger than that of 430 stainless steel.
3. Thermal conductivity: The ferrite of 430 stainless steel has better thermal conductivity than the austenite of 304 stainless steel.
4. Mechanical properties: 430 stainless steel is added with a stable chemical element titanium, and the mechanical properties of the weld are better than 304 stainless steel.
Application areas of 430 stainless steel
1. 430 stainless steel is mainly used for building decoration, fuel burner parts, household appliances, and home appliance parts.
2. The steel grade 430F with free cutting performance is added to the 430 steel, which is mainly used for automatic lathes, bolts and nuts, etc.
3. Add Ti or Nb to 430 steel, reduce the C content to 430LX, improve the processing performance and welding performance, mainly used for hot water tanks, hot water supply systems, sanitary appliances, household durable appliances, bicycle flywheels, etc. .
304 stainless steel use areas
1. 304 stainless steel has the characteristics of high temperature resistance, good processing performance and high toughness, and is widely used in industry, furniture decoration industry and food and medical industry.
2. 304 stainless steel has strong corrosion resistance and is widely used in the production of equipment and parts that require good comprehensive properties (corrosion resistance and formability).
430 stainless steel and 304 stainless steel have their own advantages. 430 stainless steel has good thermal conductivity and mechanical properties. In the fields of architectural decoration, fuel burner parts, household appliances, household appliances and other fields, 430 stainless steel is better; while 304 stainless steel has strong toughness and corrosion resistance, in For industries that require corrosion resistance such as industry and food and medical, 304 stainless steel is better.